Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Purpose of Life

Happiness

In the "Art of Happiness" by Dalai Lama and Howard Cutler, They say the meaning and purpose for our lives are to find happiness. The chapter that I read was about human nature and how over the centuries the world has come to think that we were born with a selfishness and that now apparently has changed, they arenow saying that we are born to bring joy to others and that will make us happy.

I agree that helping and doing good for others makes me feel happy but I was not aware that the world was so negative and the thoughts of people were so depressing. I know the world has changed and there are awful things happening all over but I try to look at the positive and hope that it will turn around.

The Dalai Lama also suggests that we use our time better. With this I also agree. There are days where I feel I have to much time and am wasteful and there are other days where I can not get enough to accomplish my tasks. That is why I am always trying to use my planner so as to get something done every day.


12 days of Halloween

Instead of the 12 days of Christmas I do the 12 days of Halloween. I like Halloween better than Christmas. I will try to do something Halloween related every day for the rest of the month. Be it watching a scary movie or doing some sort of craft. I'm going to get some pumpkins today and instead of carve them maybe paint them this year. I'll have to look on Pinterest for some fun ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.