Friday, October 30, 2015

Whole30 Round 2, Day 6

Exhaustion has set in!

I have made it six days and according to the Timeline it is need a nap day. My first round of Whole30 I felt exhausted for more than a few days. My detox was horrible, but I stuck it out. Days 4/5 says it's kill all things but thankfully I did not feel like that but I am feeling this.

Days 6-7: I just want a nap…

Okay, so its day 6 and you made it through the last phase without smiting anyone. The thing is, today you don’t feel like you could smite anyone if your life depended on it! It’s 10 am and all you can think about is crawling under your desk for a catnap. As the day drags on, the surface of your desk is morphing, from hard wooden surface to snuggly warm pillow, right before your eyes. You hit the gym, but only halfheartedly, unable to face the barbell with any kind of conviction. You crawl into bed at 8 p.m. only to drag yourself out eleven hours later feeling no more rested than you did the night before.
So what’s the deal?! Isn’t eating like this supposed to increase energy levels? Yes…in the long run. Right now, your body is learning that it can’t rely on all those easy access energy sources it used to know and love. Gone are the days of cinnamon crunch muffins and Frappuccinos. Now your body is learning to efficiently burn fat and protein as its fuel sources, and that takes more effort – and some time. If you can hold out just a bit longer, you’ll definitely reap the benefits. (Besides, you could probably use a day off from the gym anyway, right?)

 When I tried again in September I failed on this day. I am determined not to have a repeat. I went to the store today and got some stuff for different meals next week and the hubby has been keeping his goodies cabinet locked so I don't even go near it. Yes I said locked. I bought a childproof lock for it so I have to actually work at getting in there, in a way to make myself feel accountable for getting in there. 

I was working on my calendar for November and on my wall calendar I wrote on each day the days I had left, like a countdown I can see and check off. I have my goals for the week on my fridge where I have to look at them frequently.

Making healthy baby food I broke my blender so I splurged and go myself a blender/food processor. I am excited to use it. The last Whole30 I got a slicer but am scared to use it because when I did last, I took off a lot of my thumb, so you could say I have a fear of it now.

I am trying to keep myself busy with other things so I don't think about the food I could be eating. It is easier said than done when you can barely get off the couch, hopefully in a couple days the energy kicks back in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.