Monday, November 30, 2015

30 day marriage challenge round up

I thought that since it's the end of the month I would recap my month of the marriage challenge.
I already posted about it once. I will admit that after a couple weeks it didn't seem like a priority so we did not go out of our way to follow it.


Plan a date night: We don't ever go out on dates per say. We don't have any friends or lives for that matter so we do everything together. No need for a special date night if we do everything together already. I can see where it might be a good idea for people who don't get to see each other often.

Tell them you're glad you married them: I make sure to tell my husband how happy I am that we decided to get married. I accidentally called my husband by my ex's name and was mortified! I explained that there is no way I would want to give up my marriage to him. Talk about an embarrassing moment.

Pray for wisdom:  If you are having an issue with your marriage, things can be stressful and what better way to vent than to give it to God. I always make sure to pray for my husband every night.

Thank them: It always feels good to be thanked for doing something for someone else. The acknowledgment of your actions makes you feel good. Make sure that even if you have a hard time finding something to be thankful for, make it anything even something little.

Laugh with them: They say laughter is the best medicine. It is so true. My husband and I laugh all the time. Some times we will just laugh and laugh for minutes at a time. If it's hard to find something to laugh at, make an attempt to be funny, tell a joke or find a funny video to share.

Forgive: I can tell you that forgiveness is so good for the soul. I am not saying that you will be able to forget but if you want to be able to move on you have to honestly forgive and move forward. I haven't had to forgive much in this relationship but I know that it is wonderful advice.

Ask for their opinion: I am always asking my husbands opinion on hings. Mostly on household stuff. Everyone wants to feel that their opinion is important. I know that my husband came from a relationship that he was never involved in anything so I try to do the opposite.

Encourage them: Do not make your relationship all about you. It is important to think of the other person and give them encouragement for whatever reason. If they want to reach for some goal then you should stand by them and help in any way. It will only put a wedge between you if you become negative about whatever it is.

Admire them: I know that it can be hard to find something to admire about someone if there trouble. It will help you find your way back to loving them if you can admire them. Even if it starts off with just something little. I admire my husband for his strong work ethic! It makes me love him more.

Last but not least: LOVE THEM
This one can be easier said than done some days but if you just hold on to whatever it is that made you fall in love with them there is always hope.


I hope that if you are having some struggles in your marriage that you take the time to put some work into it and try to save it. I understand that that is not always doable but at least give it a try.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.