Monday, November 2, 2015

5 tips I plan on applying to my Blog

I spent Sunday on the couch trolling Pinterest, since I have no energy from the Whole30. I found so many people are willing to share their tips and ideas on blogging and what has worked for them.  

I decided that I would share what I found, that I think will work for me and maybe it is what you already do and agree.


5 tips I plan on applying...

1. Lots of blogs stress that photography is key. We are a visual people and if you post a bad picture or no picture than that will turn away readers. I agree that a good picture draws my eye, but I am not the best at taking a good picture. I bookmarked a website that will hopefully help me with the editing. I now find myself thinking, "what can I take a picture of to use for my blog".


2. With a busy life comes lots of information, hence the next one. Organization. I love a good planner and am always trying out different ways to organize my day, so I agree that to be blogging you would need to be organized. If you just try to fly by the seat of your pants then you end up more stressed out than you need to be. Blogging should be fun!!


3. OK so I understand when people say that you "should comment on other blogs"
I know from experience, not knowing what people think of your blog can be discouraging, so if you can help encourage another blogger you should. I am not saying stalk and harass people, just give them a heartfelt thank you for the time they took to post something and if you have a fun story to go along you can share with them so they feel like their post was worth it. My goal is at least 2 comments a day.


4.  I came across a lot of posts about your About Me page and how it should look. When I first started my blog that really threw me. "I have to talk about myself! Why would I need to do that?" I'm sure most people out there feel the same way. I have changed it a few times and have decided that when I get inspired by something new I will change it up. Keeping it fun and catchy is the key. It is hard to be funny and objective about yourself, or maybe it's just me. Might be an introvert thing.


5. Writing a blog isn't just about what craft you made or food you cooked. You need to put your personality into it. I know I just commented about how hard it was to write my about me page and here I am saying to add personality to your blog. Well apparently that is what keeps people coming back. If someone is drawn to your personality they will be interested in what you have to say.


Those are my 5. There are plenty others like, hosting a party and linking up, but I do not know how to do that and I figured since I'm not blogging for a paycheck that it wasn't something I needed to work on. Maybe some day down the road I will update my list and add some stuff but for now this is not overwhelming for me.

I hope that my list was interesting enough that you were not thinking it's just another list.



an attempt at fun editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.