Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thankful Thursday

It being the month to be thankful, I am doing another installment of Thankful Thursday.
Last week I talked about being thankful for technology. 
I am doing the FB daily thankfulness so I think of what I am thankful for that day and share it on my page.


What am I thankful for.....

Opportunities, 
I am thankful for the many opportunities that everyone has on a daily basis. I'll list my top 3.

1. To learn

With the advancements of the internet the possibilities are endless when it comes to education. I myself did not go to college, but I know it is expensive and I am not the only one that couldn't afford it. That is not something that has to hold you back from learning. There are free classes online or just free study what ever subject interests you. Go to the library and read, reading is so good for your brain and peace of mind.


2. To serve

Now this one is something that is strongly encouraged in the LDS faith. Serve thy brother and sister, but it should be common place for every one. It feels good to give back and help others. If you are less focused on yourself you can feel less stressed. There are so many people in this world that could use a little lift every now and then. 

“There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” 
― Mandy HaleThe Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass


3. To grow

I am a perfect example of how much a person can grow. I use to be a very hateful person, full of anger. I held onto resentments like they were badges of honor. When people say they found God my father-in-law says "oh I didn't know he was missing" which is cute, but I really did find God and that made me have some serious personal growth.

Gone were the reasons to be angry and forgiveness really frees the soul. I became more excepting of other people and looked for ways to help. I would rather walk away peacefully than pick a fight now (which is huge, if you new me). 

It doesn't have to be through God it can just be. People grow from may things. Tragedy unfortunately can also be a way to have growth or through education. It doesn't matter how you come by it as long as you embrace it.


So those are the things I am thankful for. I hope that it inspires you to think of what you are thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.