Monday, November 16, 2015

Transformation Tuesday

Projects, I love a good project

So this past week I was full of ideas and once I start I try to finish. My bedroom has been changed so the art did not really fit anymore. What's a girl to do but get on Pinterest and find something. I tried to go find something at the store but I am kind of picky when it comes to my surroundings.

I did not find anything at any of the local stores that were under 75$ and that is crazy for a piece of art. I wasn't going to jump on the band wagon of scrapbook flowers on canvas but I finally couldn't come up with anything else so here Is the final product.


  

Project number two was a mail organizer. Since the week before I had made one for my daughter, I wanted to make one for myself. I had an organizer that my father-in-law made for my husband years ago, but it was way to small for most of our mail. The standard mail is not your normal letter size. They have to mail you enough junk that it fills a folder.

So I took apart the old one (which I forgot to take a picture of!) and started to create my own. I feel bad for destructing something someone else made but at least I used some of it instead of just throwing it away.

It is not the most fancy thing or is it put together as well as it could've been but it serves it's purpose and is kind of cute.




The Rhino is my hubbies key holder and I'm the Elephant. A place for my sunglasses, which I have to have ALL the time. The front is chalkboard so I can change the words when ever I want. The sides are the original pieces.

Lastly I had all white cupboards in my kitchen but after a few years and 3 animals later, they needed a new coat, but not white. What color was pretty simple, dark. That's all we knew, but then we painted the bedroom and one of the colors was pretty dark and I only used half the gallon so I dumped in some black to make it darker and this is the finally product.





I clearly have to much time on my hands, haha. I have a couple other projects in the works and will post them next week. I hope this gives someone some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.