Thursday, November 5, 2015

What is there to be thankful for?

What am I thankful for......


Technology 
Top 3 reasons that I am thankful for technology.


1. I have social anxiety, with the help of technology I can keep in contact with friends and family in an environment that is comfortable. I can hold off interacting if I need to or reach out when feeling low. Resources for social anxiety I haven't had this my whole life, just over the past few years have I developed it and at times it is really difficult. I can go days without leaving the house and try not to, unless I have my husband or daughter with me. If I go out alone it is very easy for me to feel overwhelmed. I would so much rather interact via the computer or by text. Talking on the phone is sometimes hard because I feel I might say the wrong thing. When texting you can think out what you want to say. It is one of those things that are very easily overlooked and some look down on or make fun of. Next time you are out in public and you see someone having a hard time, try not to be negative about it, they may not be able to control it.


2. The internet is a vast source of ideas! I love to be creative and with the help of websites like PinterestInstructables and Craftgawker the possiblilites are endless. I love the way that everyone is so ready to share their ideas with the world in order to help inspire others to do the same. My house is full of things made possible by, thinking it would work, searching for tips on how it could work and making it work.


3. Genealogy! I have over the past few years really gotten into finding my families past. I do not have the best relationship with my parents, I didn't really know my grandparents and I feel like I missed out. That's where technology steps in to fill in the pieces. I have 3 different websites with trees on them. Ancestry, Myheritage and Familysearch
These are great resources to start a family search. Familysearch.org is the only one free without a subscription and is run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which are highly involved with doing genealogy so the resources through them are endless. 
There is also ways to find census information, obituaries, war records and pictures, free for the searching. I have found so much information about my family that when you come across a new story it makes you feel close to them, even though they are not here. This is a hobby that I advise everyone to try.
  

Well those are my top 3 reasons that I am thankful for technology. What are you thankful for?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.