Monday, November 16, 2015

Whole30 R2 D23

With the end so close I wanted to share what the timeline says about what you could be experiencing about this time. The Whole30 challenge is such a roller-coaster for some and life saver for others.

I posted the day 16-27 part of the timeline. It seems to cover such a big chunk of time but there is another day posted before the end.



(Interlude) Day 21: I am so over this.

You’ve solidly settled into week three of the program at this point. Your clothes fit better; your skin is clearer; your inner awesomeness is shining through. But despite the many benefits you’re seeing, you went to bed last night dreading the thought of breakfast. You weren’t much more excited about it this morning, either. Come to think of it, you’re not thrilled with any of your meal options right now.  In fact, if Iron Chef Bobby Flay were to walk into your kitchen right now and offer to cook you any Whole30 compliant meal you wanted, you’re not even sure you could think of one. Just about anything sounds like more fun than sitting down to a big plate of Whole30 grub.  You’re loving the way your body is responding to the program, but you’re just not sure if you can make it through 9 more days. And if you see even one more egg, you are going to scream.
Somewhere in the third week of the program, serious food boredom sets in. For some folks, it gets so overwhelming that they lose their appetite altogether for a few days. Don’t let the food fatigue overtake you – plan ahead! Get to work in week two and hunt down some new recipes to keep the fire burning! Find inspiration from our recent meal plan round-up, cruise the Whole30 section of Chowstalker or The Foodie, or pick up a new cookbook (like Well Fed 2…wink wink, nudge nudge). Find some exotic produce in the grocery store, try some exotic recipes – do whatever you can to get over this little speed bump. Being bored and hungry is just a recipe for disaster, and this, too, shall pass.

I post this one because I may be on day 23 but I am so feeling like this, minus the better fitting clothes and clear skin. My skin is still full of acne and my clothes do not fit any looser than before. 

Trying to meal plan for this last week has been hard. I am so over cooking and cleaning, oh and cutting and peeling! 

The egg line is funny because I have gone through 2 1/2 boxes of eggs between breakfast, hard boiled and random add ins. I am over eggs too.

                                   I hope every ones journey has been a good one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.