Thursday, December 31, 2015

Throwback Thursday

I should probably just stick with the theme of the week and talk about what was big in 2015. I'm going to stick with the upbeat stuff. We all know that the world as a whole was pretty depressing in 2015. To much war and negativity to last a lifetime.



Diet and Health
2015 was a year to focus on eliminating GMO's and sugar. I personally became aware of the Whole30 lifestyle which is all about getting rid of processed food. This article talks more about the other trends.


Star Trek
Trekies lose an Idol. Leonard Nimoy passed away. Mr. Spock was a beloved character for many who watched the show.


Late Night TV
David Letterman had his last show. After being on the air for 33 years! That's a long time to be in front of the camera entertaining america. I personally loved watching him...when I could stay awake.


Amazon
I personally was shocked by this one. Apparently Amazon was found to be paying people for good reviews. I always check the reviews before buying something and now I feel like I can't trust anyone, let alone Amazon.


Patriots
I have to add this one because my hubby is a Patriots fan. Aaron Hernandez was convicted of murder. What a crazy story. Then of course you have deflate gate with the winning of a game due to under inflated footballs. It's been a tough year to be a Patriots fan.


Movies
The 2 big ones I think were the book adaptation of 50 Shades of Grey. The uproar about those was big and of course the new Star Wars movie was a must see this Christmas season. I don't go to see many movies. I like to wait till it's on DVD so if it's horrible I can just shut it off instead of walking out after paying 12$ 


Netflix
2015 saw the rise of the streaming service called Netflix. Why pay an outrageous cable or satellite bill when you can binge watch all your favorite shows. I personally had my hubby shut off our Dish service and tried just having Netflix and antenna TV. Yea it didn't work because we couldn't pull in a signal and the hubby wasn't about to go without his football.  


There are so many wonderful things that happened in 2015 that I can't even begin to list. I found this fun article that goes over many more. 

I hope 2015 was a great year for you and it something you look back on fondly.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.