Monday, February 15, 2016

How to be motivated, even on a Monday.

I have been struggling with finding some motivation to keep going. I found some ways that I thought I would share. First up I found this article that I wanted to use as my starting point and comparison to see what I am already doing or what I could be doing. 
The article says that having a good Monday set the tone for the rest of the week, I agree with that a little. You can always turn a crappy week around though.


Waking up early

OK, so this IS something I do. I want to be able to workout because I am not an end of the day workout person. My alarm goes off at 4:45, M-F. They say that you should make time for yourself.


Meditate

This I also DO, but not very reliably. I don't start the day with it but try to end the day with it. I have posted about meditation before in a way for me to learn about it. I am trying to make it a daily habit.


Personal Development

The article says that motivated people read or watch something inspirational or motivational for whatever time they have, first thing in the morning. Now this ISN'T something that I do. I have time after working out to read scriptures and then my day starts. I guess I could squeeze in an inspirational video.


Food

This is something else I DON'T do. I do not eat until 9, which could be breakfast time but if you have been up since 4:45 that it's really not. I practice Intermediate Fasting.


Get moving

This something I DO! I love getting my workout done first thing in the morning. By the end of the week it does get harder than on Monday. The article recommends 20 minutes every day.

The next 2 suggestions have to do with business people, which I am not, so I didn't add them.

After reading that article it took me to other articles and I found one on making the most of your weekend. It suggests that if you want to have a good Monday, which will carry on into the week, you can't just sleep and get drunk all weekend. I agree with that. I feel like if I get nothing done on the weekend, then come Monday I am already falling behind.

So you can use the weekend to Plan.
The article talks about planning your time to be productive,which is a good idea, but I plan in a different way. I plan my meals and blogs for the week on Sundays.

The article touches on some of the other things like Exercise and getting up early, which who really wants to get up early on the weekend. I get up when my body tells me to get up. Usually by 7am.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.