Monday, February 22, 2016

Motivation to Move it on a Monday!

Well, after a wonderful weekend hiking.... I can't deny the pain in my foot anymore. I have a bunion. It is not something I ever would've thought that I would end up with, but since I started my fitness journey over a year ago I have had a lot going on with my body that I never thought I'd have to worry about, so why not a bunion! 

What is a bunion you ask? Yea I didn't know either. It was just something I thought really old women got and they always wanted someone to rub it, haha (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation) so I had to look it up.


A bunion is an unnatural, bony hump that forms at the base of the big toe where it attaches to the foot. Yea, not at all what I pictured in my head but it would explain all the pain I have been having. 


How on earth did I get a bunion? 

Bunions develop when the pressures of bearing and shifting your weight fall unevenly on the joints and tendons in your feet. This imbalance in pressure makes your big toe joint unstable, eventually molding the parts of the joint into a hard knob that juts out beyond the normal shape of your foot.

 I guess I can see it with all the working out that I have been doing. I stopped using my treadmill for cardio and have been doing a lot more activities that require a lot of uneven footfalls. 


What am I suppose to do?? I am NOT going to stop working out..again. My Dr. just made me do that for a week a few weeks ago and it was horrible!! So I bought this fun contraption to wear at night.




And came up with this workout that has none of the jumping around I normally do. I will do a 5 minute warm up on my elliptical and try to get my steps in during the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.