Wednesday, April 27, 2016

4 basic ways to help your social media following

As someone who is new to the whole social media world, yes I use to have accounts to keep in touch with family members but I didn't really search what everyone in the world was doing...before my blog!

Now I want to know all the fun things other people are sharing, but I want to be genuine and be myself.
  
I see there are apps that can help you get followers and I installed one and it just seemed weird that I would be randomly picking people from a list that the app created for me.

I want to be in charge of my own social following so I have come up with these rules that I follow and SLOWLY it has been working.




DON'T BE A STALKER
It is OK to follow people of similar interests. Studies show that in the 5 people you follow, 1 will follow you back. Now that may not be true but it has kind of seemed the case with my Pinterest.


PUT YOUR BEST STUFF OUT THERE
If you are creating some great content than people will eventually find it and share it and like it. Wallha! Followers. You may not be able to create good content if you are trying to rush it. I know you think they will forget you if you don't post, but they won't.

BE THE EXTROVERT YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE
Isn't it so nice when you get a friendly comment on a post you worked really hard on? It makes you feel like "hey, this person gets me!" Well than, that is what you should be doing. Strike up a conversation with someone who has a similar view point and you never know where things could go. You could find your new BFF!

SHARE, SHARE, SHARE
I try to make it a point every day to share at least 5 other posts on all the different social media sites. I just learned how it is you can regram on Instagram (man am I slow) So if you end up sharing stuff from someone you like then they may just like you back.

Very simple little things to do that will help bring in genuine followers instead of ones that someone picked for you.

*What is you favorite way to connect with a new follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.