Friday, April 8, 2016

6 Fitness Fridays and what I have learned from them

Trying to look for inspiration for my workouts in April I noticed a trend in my archives. I like doing a Fitness Friday post so I thought I could put a bunch of them in one post to share for those who haven't seen them yet.




1. My first Fitness Friday was clear back in November of 2015. I know that's really not that long ago but it feels like it when you see all the workouts you have done since then. This is when I first got my punching bag, which I gave away after it took out a ceiling joist.

2. Next Fitness Friday was in December when I was suppose to be sharing something about myself for a 31 day challenge. I choose to share workouts instead. I had started doing Bender Fitness 4 week challenge but couldn't stick it out.

3. This Fitness Friday was when I started doing a lot of Jillian Micheals. She puts on a good workout video. I highly recommend if you are looking for a video to follow, her's should be on the list. You don't have to buy the DVD's you can find free ones on YouTube.

4. The New Year brought this Fitness Friday. I am still doing Jillian Micheals but have also started working towards my vacation goal.

5. Still in January,  this Fitness Friday I started looking for different videos. I stepped away from Jillian Micheals. I wasn't seeing a difference so I thought it was time to move on. I wasn't being patient.

6. The last time I used Fitness Friday as a post title. This one I went back to what I knew with Jillian Micheals but I mixed it up and created a 2 week plan. I was in the mindset that my workouts needed to be over 30 minutes to be beneficial. 



So, what did I learn?
I learned that it does take time to find a workout that you like and when you do you should stick with it and eventually you will see results.

I learned that you may not be seeing results because you are switching things up too much. Yes, it's good to confuse your muscles and not do exactly the same thing day in and day out but thinking you need to be doing every new workout doesn't help.

I also learned that it is good to get 30 minutes or 3 miles of workout done, it doesn't all have to be at the same time. If you can't find the time you can spread it out through out the day. Find what works for you and just be patient. 

*If you have any tips you use for finding and sticking with a workout, please share with us or leave a link to your favorite workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.