Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Happiness, is it something everyone can have?

Dealing with a touch of sadness gets a girl to open herself up to trying to find a way out of it. It's not an enjoyable feeling when you can't find your happy place.
 Now, my inner-voice says to knock it off and suck it up. There's no time for sadness. I use the word sadness because I don't think it's to the point of depression yet and I want to do something before it does.

                                     Nothing can bring you happiness but yourself
                                                      -Ralph Waldo Emerson


I have read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and The Art of Happiness with the Dahli Lama in order to get ideas to share for my blog. At the time I wasn't really unhappy so I don't think it really soaked in.







I wish it was just as easy as being happy to spite someone else. Sometimes it helps to think of how your happiness would make some else happy, but it really doesn't last long.

I did read an article in a magazine about how being spontaneous usually makes you happier. It's funny because I was trying to do a craft to make me happy when I found the article. I had a big stack of magazines to shred and there it was. 
It made sense to me. When I tend to jump into something I feel happier, but is that lasting happiness or just temporary? Wouldn't you think once the newness wore off you'd be looking for the next big thing? 

This article really spoke to me and maybe some of you can relate. The author is in a funk, like me and they share 5 things you can do to get out of it. I tried to listen to the book they recommend but the voice was hard to follow so I will actually have to read it.

The second point in the article talks about being in the here and now and I think that is a big problem of mine. I hate my house and where I am stuck living for awhile. The fact that I desperately want to be somewhere else is making it very hard for me to find happiness. 

So I agree with living in the NOW. No sense in wishing for what you can't have and missing what was. I think if you can wake up everyday with a different reason that your NOW is good, just for that day. Do that every day and hopefully the time will eventually come when you can get to where it is you really want to be.




I know that there are a lot of people who swear by starting to meditate. I say "Yay You" but I have tried and tried to make that habit stick and it always falls to the way side.

I was hoping this Blog would become my happy place. So far it has brought me more stress because I feel inadequate when I see low numbers. I know that I shouldn't care. I know that I am not in this to make money. I am in this just to have a place to get my ideas out of my head and maybe help one person along the way, but it's like being chosen last for volleyball.

This wonderful article talks about needing to love yourself and this goes along with the quote at the top of the post about you being responsible for your happiness. I am trying to do a better job of loving myself. I have come a long way from where I was. Working out helps with that and I think it could help others who are feeling a little sad. You don't have to go all hardcore, just walking for a half hour a day gets the blood flowing and creates some endorphin's.

In doing research for this post I have found some helpful tips that I will start to incorporate. One last article to share because there might be something in there that will speak to you. I found some of the tips to be common sense and others to be odd, but what works for some doesn't work for all.

I hope that this post helps you as much as it has me. I believe everyone can find some resemblance of happiness and we should not be to hard on ourselves if every once in awhile we need a reminder.

*If you have any go to things you do to get out of a funk, please share them with us.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.