Friday, April 29, 2016

In the war of the blogs, why I choose Blogger

As with most things in life you have competition. It is what makes us stronger, smarter, braver and better. It is what pushes us when we don't think we have it in us. Trying to come up with the next best thing, so of course you have multiple platforms in which to publish your blog.

Now you just need to figure out which is going to help your content seem better than the next guys. Make people want to come to your blog and learn what you have to say.




COST
Well of course the first and for most reason I choose blogger....PRICE=FREE! I didn't start my blog to make any money so I didn't want to spend any money either. Yes, there is a free option with Wordpress but most of my internet world is Google centered so why not go Blogger.


EASY SET-UP
Simplicity! It is so easy to figure out how to set up a blog and be publishing in a few hours. You don't need to have any previous computer savy to start a basic blog. There are many templates that you can choose from and with a little bit of knowledge you can edit those templates...or not. I haven't done anything very fancy with mine and I'm OK with that. I don't think it's ugly and hopefully if people thought it was, they would tell me! icanbuildablog.com doesn't recommend Wordpress for beginners.


OWNERSHIP
I hear all the time how it is that Google owns my information and that they could shut me down whenever they want and for no reason. Well, Yes that is true but I have tried not to let it bother me. I try to look at the positive and I guess if some day it happens, it happens. Then that would be my sign that it was time for something new. If this is something that bothers you than by all means go Wordpress and get your own domain.


SCHEDULING 
Yes, I am aware that Wordpress has wonderful plug-ins that help with almost everything you want to do. Blogger also has an option to schedule your blogs to post when you are not able to. It may just be the one time but that's OK. It gets it out into the world for me when I can't. honestlymodern.com talks about how she couldn't wait to switch to Wordpress to be able to use a scheduling plug-in.

Overall, what I learned through my research to figure if I wanted to switch from Blogger to Wordpress is that most people agree that Blogger is a good alternative to Wordpress and that was enough for me. I am committed now and am going to stick with it. I'm no fortune teller so who knows what my future holds. Maybe some day I will feel the need to make the switch (I know how if I need to) but why mess with a good thing.

*Which platform do you use and why?


1 comment:

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.