Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Should you be lifting weights everyday?

My new goal is to be tone! Not bulky, but tone and that meant that I needed a plan. I thought "well, I'll just be doing weights everyday and some cardio".

NOPE!

Well Yes, just not the same muscles. Apparently when you lift weights you tear your muscle a little...who knew! Some say that it's OK to continue to train like that and some say give it rest. That's why I chose a workout that is a different muscle group each day.

VIA: workouttips.net/the-8-rules-of-building-new-muscle   How to achieve results: You shouldn’t exceed training any body part for more than 2-3 times a week, with 3 being an exception. You shouldn’t hammer in any particular muscle group for more than six weeks, either. Your body needs its recovery time. It is recommended to include at least one full rest day per week. And do take a week off every two or three months.



KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

I first went on http://www.bodybuilding.com/ and took a test to even see what body type I had. There are 3. Knowing this can help you figure out how you should be training. I am a mix of 2 and it helped me to figure out why I can't seem to stick with being a runner :)

Once you kind of have an idea of the way you should be working out then you can come up with a plan of attack. http://www.bodybuilding.com/ does have lots of plans that you can follow.

There is so much information out there that it might seem overwhelming at first. This is a good article about why women should be doing weight training.


 WHAT WILL WORK 

We know that you shouldn't just jump in  with the heaviest weight you can lift and go till failure. That will for sure bring on an injury.  
Get your goals written down and a healthy menu planned out. Then you can start your plan and slowly work your way up to the body you want.

 I chose jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred- program. He sets it up very nice and after the first 3 weeks I can stop if I don't think it's working for me.






I had to share this funny Buzzfeed article about lifting. You will get a kick out of it if you are into lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.