Monday, April 18, 2016

Why you should be keeping a fitness journal

A the beginning of the month I ordered a Garmin VivofitHR and started keeping a fitness journal. I ditched the FitBit because I want to focus on heart rate and toning. This is what I have learned so fr and why I think everyone on a fitness journey should keep a journal.




 Keeping track
"What workout did I do yesterday?" Have you ever asked yourself that? I HAVE! For someone with serious memory issues, keeping a journal is a must. I like to be switching up my workouts all the time so this way I know which ones I might want to go back to.


 Being accountable
There are so many ways that you can be accountable these days. So much social media you can put all your info on blast, but if you prefer to keep it private this is a good way. You can write motivational quotes, cut out fun, inspiration pictures and make it not feel like a chore.



Checking progress
This is kind of important when you are trying to bulk up. If you added weights one day, "Hey, how much weight did I add?" You can keep track of reps too. If you want to be upping your reps each week, this way you don't have to stress about keeping it in your brain, it's written down.


I'm glad I have started to fitness journal. It lets me see what I need to work on and gives me an idea of what I should just walk away from.



As far as my new Garmin, I'm not sure that I would recommend it to others.
I love that I can check my heart rate and steps anytime I want. It has a watch, which is convenient. Syncing to an app has been streamless and the app has great graphs. It does pretty much the same thing that a FitBit Charge HR does only you CAN wear it in the water.
I am constantly moving mine around because the band pinches my wrist. I guess that really is my only complaint, oh and it is 20$ more than the FitBit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear feedback.